Ark II is the upcoming sequel to the widely known Ark: Survival Evolved which is rumored to release in 2022, it’s a first person survival game that puts you into a world with numerous maps and your most important objective is to survive, but it doesn’t end there.
You can team up with players, Build your own base or village, join a Tribe and also learn many Engrams that allow you to craft specific items, which ultimately are going to make your character unique from others since they all have to learn different ones towards the end.
The world is filled with Dinosaurs and other creatures for you to Tame and protect your base, there are many different ones with various abilities, for example some can be used as turrets and some others as sentries, or in case you decide to gather materials there are some creatures that will help you harvest resources a lot faster.
To this day the developers of Ark have made a lot of maps and players can join or make a server and travel through each one by using the huge Obelisks in key locations around the area, this allows them to go into other territories and biomes so they can find new species of creatures to Tame and have them brought back to their base so they can protect them from Offline Raids if they are playing on a PvP server.
Recently ARK II was announced with a 4 plus minute trailer featuring Vin Diesel, here’s the trailer for you to check it out.
When is ARK II going to be released ?
ARK II was announced back in December 2020 at The Game Awards and is most likely going to be released somewhere in 2022, no exact dates have been given by the developers yet and the story will be based on a similar setting as the first game.
ARK: Survival Evolved released as an early access game in 2015 and slowly gained massive popularity until it’s official release in 2017, which by then had multiple modes and a plethora of content, so as you can see there’s a lot to be expected from the sequel.
ARK II is only confirmed to be released for PC and XBOX Series X/S, it’s still unknown if it will be for PS5 and if it’s going to be a full release or in early access.
Is ARK II going to have a story mode ?
ARK II is going to have some kind of connection to the previous game and the animated series, to be more precise Vin Diesel who takes the role of Santiago Da Costa will be the link between them, and as we have seen from the trailer there are going to be anthropomorphic creatures as well that will probably play a role in the story.
As for a single player campaign, that is still uncertain but we would absolutely love to see how the game might feel like having to go through cutscenes and interacting in a world with quests and different NPCs.
Is ARK II going to be different than the prequel ?
The developers have promised that this game will be a next generation title with updated graphics and an updated logo, the premise is going to be the same and it will follow the formula of the open world survival sandbox multiplayer, giving the players the freedom to choose what they want to do with their characters.
There’s an animated series of ARK in the works.
Apparently Studio Wildcard wasn’t satisfied by making ARK just a game, so they’re also realizing their vision of having an animated series, the name of the show is going to be called “ARK: The Animated Series” and will again feature Vin Diesel along with many other famous actors that you can see in the list below.
- Gerard Butler as General Gaius Marcellus Nerva, a brutal ancient Roman despot.
- Cissy Jones as The Gladiatrix, a formidable commander in Nerva’s army.
- Russel Crowe as Kor the Prophet, an eccentric ‘dino-whisperer’ hailing from a time before recorded history.
- Madeleine Madden as plays 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker, newly awoken on the ARK.
- Elliot Page as Victoria Walker, an idealistic humanitarian aid worker, and wife of Helena Walker.
- Deborah Mailman as Deborah Walker, a 21st century Aboriginal Australian activist, and mother to Helena Walker.
- David Tennant as Sir Edmund Rockwell, an egocentric 19th century scientist harboring dark ambitions.
- Alan Tudyk as The Captain, a crusty buccaneer who profitably sails the dangerous waters around the ARK.
- Karl Urban as Bob, a recent square-jawed ARK arrival.
- Jeffrey Wright as Henry Townsend, an 18th century American watchmaker and Patriot spy.
- Devery Jacobs as Alasie, a peppy 17th century Inuit teenager, now finding her place on the ARK.
- Michelle Yeoh as Meiyin Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader, known on the ARK by her reputation as the formidable “Beast Queen.”
- Ron Yuan as Han Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader and brother to Meiyin.
- Zahn McClarnon as Thunder Comes Charging, a 19th century Lakota warrior who leads a thriving community on the ARK.
- Ragga Ragnars as Queen Sigrid, a bellicose 10th century Viking warlord.
- Juliet Mills as Chava, a wise healer and village councilmember.
- and of course Vin Diesel as playing 24th century ‘Mek’-pilot, gearhead, & freedom-fighter Santiago.
The plot if ARK: The Animated Series can be found below:
“In a mysterious primeval land populated by dinosaurs and other extinct creatures, people from throughout human history have been resurrected. When 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker awakes there after tragedy, she must learn to survive and find new allies, or die again at the hands of ruthless warlords, all while trying to uncover the true nature of their strange new world.”
ARK: The Animated Series will premiere in 2022
You can also check their Twitter for more information.
Proud to announce, tonight at the TGA’s:
🔹 ARK II starring Vin Diesel as Santiago
🔹 ARK: The Animated Series exploring Helena’s story
Catch the Official hi-rez ARK II trailer rendered in-engine using game assets, and an extended Animated Series trailer, tomorrow A.M!
— ARK: Survival Evolved (@survivetheark) December 11, 2020